Saturday, February 25, 2012

Famous Texas Quotes

 Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation 
in every sense of the word - Author John Steinbeck

 If you've ever driven across Texas, you know how different one area of the 
state can be from another. Take El Paso. It looks as much like Dallas as I look 
like Jack Nicklaus Pro Golfer Lee Trevino

 Texas is still a last frontier. It is the part of the United States where the 
traditional virtues are still operating. In short, a piece of living history 
- Author John C. B. Richmond 

 Texas is the crossroads of the world. Everything here is big - Bobby Lee.

 I must say as to what I have seen of Texas, it is the garden spot of the world, 
the best land and the best prospects for health I ever saw, and I do believe it is 
a fortune to any man to come here - Alamo hero Davey Crockett

 I am forced to conclude that God made Texas on his day off, for pure 
entertainment, just to prove that all that diversity could be crammed into one 
section of earth by a really top hand - Author Mary Lasswell

 Texas is neither southern nor western. Texas is Texas - Senator William Blakley

 I thought I knew Texas pretty well, but I had no notion of it's size until I 
campaigned it - Former Governor Ann Richards

 I have moved over a great part of Texas  and I know that within its borders
I have seen just about as many kinds of country, contour, climate and conformation
as there are in the world - Author John Steinbeck

 In the covered wagon days, if a baby was born in Texarkana while the family was
crossing into the Lone Star State, by the time they reached El Paso, the baby would 
be in the third grade - Texas Author Wallace O Chariton 

 I done drew the line. Just like the Alamo. You're either on one side of the 
line or the other. I don't want to ever leave Texas again - Former Houston Oilers 
coach Bum Phillips

 Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has blessed my vision - Sam Houston 

 I think Texans have more fun than the rest of the world - Choreographer 
Tommy Tune

 Texas is big now, but imagine the size of her as a republic. Back then then Panhandle
had a panhandle - Author Mike Blakley

 For a few precious moments.....I am back in Old Texas, under a high sky, where all 
things are again possible and the wind blows free - Larry L. King  

 I love Texas because Texas is future-oriented, because Texans think anything 
is possible. Texans think big - Senator Phil Gramm

 Houston is, without a doubt, the weirdest, most entertaining city in Texas, 
consisting as it does of subtropical forest, life in the fast lane, a layer of oil,
cowboys and spacemen - Texas Tourism Guide

 I feel safer on a racetrack than I do on Houston's freeways - Car racing 
legend A.J. Foyt

 My favorite Aggie joke? I'm sorry I don't understand the question - Singer 
Lyle Lovett - Texas A&M class of 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment