Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some of the Best Quotes from Paul Ryan's GOP Convention Speech

Paul_ryans_convention_pic

“I have never seen opponents so silent about their record, and so desperate to keep their power.”

“With all their attack ads, the President is just throwing away money – and he’s pretty experienced at that.”

“The stimulus was a case of political patronage, corporate welfare, and cronyism at their worst. You, the working men and women of this country, were cut out of the deal.”

“What did the taxpayers get out of the Obama stimulus? More debt. That money wasn’t just spent and wasted – it was borrowed, spent, and wasted.”

“A Romney-Ryan administration will protect and strengthen Medicare, for my Mom’s generation, for my generation, and for my kids and yours.”

“Behind every small business, there’s a story worth knowing. All the corner shops in our towns and cities, the restaurants, cleaners, gyms, hair salons, hardware stores – these didn’t come out of nowhere. A lot of heart goes into each one.”

“None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers – a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us.”

“When I was waiting tables, washing dishes, or mowing lawns for money, I never thought of myself as stuck in some station in life. I was on my own path, my own journey, an American journey where I could think for myself, decide for myself, define happiness for myself.”

“We can get this country working again. We can get this economy growing again. We can make the safety net safe again. We can do this.”

Posted via email from Global Politics

No comments:

Post a Comment